Monday, January 12, 2009

Imitations of Life

My journal title says it all. This journal is essentially an imitation of life. Quite literally, journals should reflect how terrible and miserable our lives are at some points, but 'blogs' have disgraced the whole idea of self-expression through journaling. How often do people censor what they publish in hopes that their friends don't see how they really are affected? Bloggers often propose their 'imitations' by predicting their selfish goals of losing weight that they have gained by eating too much yams, turkey, and stuffing. As for me, this is not a blog, nor a tool to satisfy or keep readers entertained. This is literally a journal. A journal to be looked upon as a type of self-expression that I cannot possibly obtain through anything else. However, since I (like many other bloggers) care what everyone thinks of me, I guess I will censor some of my thoughts, and become a little more like you. Maybe I should just rename this entire journal Limitations of Life. That, my friend, would most likely be a better name for my new censored type of self-expression on this blog.  

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you've decided to get serious about writing/blogging, Kac.

    It is true, though, how the human mind censors our real colors; and yet, at the same time, a person who is truly honest to his own self and soul would be just as difficult to find. We all censor ourselves to ourselves, because the real you and me are too loathsome to really love. That's why God invented grace.

    I love you, cousin. :)

    ReplyDelete